Friday, February 24, 2012

A Letter to God

Lord, listen closely to me
and answer me
because I am poor and in need

Psalm 86:1                                             


Dear Father,


I'm sorry I haven't written sooner but I've been really busy. I mean to keep in touch but time seems to fly by. (Maybe you've heard the statement, "Time flies when you're having fun"?)


Work has been keeping me very busy; I haven't had much time for family, much less church. When you think  about it, the job has to come first doesn't it? Gotta put bread on the table, you know.

My wife has been a real grouch lately; all she wants to do is talk about family stuff, or she's after me to take her out somewhere. I don't see why she should be bored, after all, she has housework and the kids to keep her occupied. Jimmy's been having problems at school. I guess I'll have to take time off from work and go talk with his teachers. I don't know why these teachers can't take care of these "kid-problems" anymore; it seems as though the teachers want parents to do everything, even teach discipline. I thought that was what schools were for.

I can't understand something in your last letter, God. You said something about having trouble with some of your family and you wish we could talk once in a while. I don't know about your problems, Father, but I know that I'm a bit overloaded with my own and I haven't got time to take on somebody elses. I know you need help, but isn't there someone else who can give you a hand with your churches? After all, you have a pretty big family.

        Lovingly.                   

                  A member of the family of God

                                   Lord, forgive my complacency
                                                    and preoccupation  with self
                                                                       AMEN



                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment